Life and times with my Hakosuka…Part 7: Repair, replace and modify

Back to our regularly scheduled program…

I know, I know, I know…my first order of business should’ve been repair. But modifying is so much fun!!! Its the first thing you see! (Man, I’m so superficial :oops: But I had to finish the GT-R “look”. So once I got her home…

No garage, not even a car port! Pretty much the norm in Japan…

DSC_0057

I assessed what I needed. The taillights were missing the elusive GT-R end caps for the chrome taillight bezels. Those things are pretty heavy btw, not the end caps (plastic) but the larger surround (steel). I totally get why they take them off on the race cars. If you purchase pick up a Hako try to get the seller to throw these in, I couldn’t order them at the Nissan Parts Warehouse. Luckily I was able to pick them up used at the New Year Meeting in Odaiba. A little pricey though, maybe $80US? The other stuff I ordered at the Nissan Parts Warehouse, just a 10min drive from my house. (Pure luck :mrgreen: )

Before:

IMG_8989

After:

IMG_9080

I’m just finishing up bolting them back in. You have to remove the bezel and attach the end cap with a couple of screws and then put the bezel back on.

DSC09880

Took some measurements and added the Rear GT-R emblem…Man, she is aching to be lowered!!! 8)

DSC09998…added the Front GT-R emblem (check out the cloudy and spherical sealed beam headlights)…

…attached the Red “GT”emblems (I didn’t swap out the “Skyline” emblems).

Before:

DSC00021

After:

DSC_0056

But as for the the Red “2000GT” emblem for the center console…

Before:

IMG_9003

After:

DSC00005-1

 

Also in this pic, I swapped the old shift boot for a new one, the Impul shift knob with a GC110 GT-R Shift Knob (more on that later). I got rid of the old double DIN Kenwood for the one in I had in my Silvia, added a Carmate Free Box, threw in the carbon kevlar Bride Stradia and Sabelt harness also from the Silvia, and relocated a lot of the wiring.

…and I updated the letter “N” on the grill…

Before: see above
After:

DSC00042

..and that ridiculously expensive Rear Red “Skyline” Emblem…

Before: see above
After:

DSC00006-1

 I won’t lie, I cheated. I used a fine modeling paint brush and this:

tes1312Best $2 I ever spent!!! :tu:

Tune in next time for my next entry…Part 8: I don’t know what I’m gonna call it yet…

Comments

comments

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: